2011: PhD in Developmental Neurosciences; Catholic University Medical School, Rome (Italy)
2006: Specialization in Child Neurology and Psychiatry; Catholic University Medical School, Rome (Italy)
2000: Degree in Medicine; Catholic University Medical School, Rome (Italy)
2006-2009: neurologist consultant at the Italian Union Again Muscular Dystrophy (UILDM), Rome, Italy
2009-to date: pediatric neurologist at “Carlo Besta” Neurological Research Institute, Milan, Italy, Department of Pediatric Neurosciences, Developmental Neurology Unit
Grant Support and Funding
- Telethon Foundation, 2015: “Observational longitudinal study of growth patterns, body composition, energy expenditure and dietary intake in Italian infants and children with spinal muscular atrophy type I and II”.
- Telethon Foundation, 2015: “Long term natural history in Duchenne muscular dystrophy”.
- CP-Alliance, 2015: “Understanding the early natural history of cerebral palsy – retrospective and prospective cohort studies”.
- Parent Project – Italy, 2017: “Observational study on nutritional and metabolic features in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: the Italian “N&M_DUCHENNE Study”
- Telethon Foundation, 2013: “Development of an Italian clinical network for Spinal Muscular Atrophy”.
- Telethon Foundation, 2011: “Assessment of upper limb function in non ambulant Duchenne muscular dystrophy patients”.
- “Profiling children and youth with Cerebral Palsy in relation to feeding and nutrition”. 2017
Clinical Trials as Principal Investigator
- “An open-label multi-part first-in-human study of oral LMI070 in infants with type 1 spinal muscular atrophy” (Novartis).
- “A two part seamless, open-label, multi-center study to investigate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and efficacy of RO7034067 in infants with type1 spinal muscular atrophy” (Roche).
- “A Study to Investigate the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Efficacy of RO7034067 in Type 2 and 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy” (Roche).
- “Long-term observational study of Translarna safety and effectiveness in usual care” (PTC Therapeutics).
- “Clinical Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Givinostat in Ambulant Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy” (Italfarmaco).
- “Phase 3, Open-Label, Single-Arm, Single-Dose Gene Replacement Therapy Clinical Trial for Patients with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1 with One or Two SMN2 Copies Delivering AVXS-101 by Intravenous Infusion (STR1VE-EU; Avexis).
- “Finding the Optimum Regimen for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (FOR-DMD)”.
- “Phase 2 Clinical Trials of VBP15: An Innovative Steroid-like Intervention on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy”.