- Degree in Medicine, University of Padova, Italy, with full marks and honors.
- Residency in Neurology, Allergology and Clinical Immunology, at the Department of Neurology, University of Padova, with full marks and honors.
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow and then Post-Doctoral Research Scientist at Prof. Norman Latov’s laboratory, Department of Neurology, Columbia University, New York, USA, 1994-1997.
Professional organizations and societies
- American Academy of Neurology, 1994-present
- Peripheral Nerve Society (PNS), 2005-present. She is member of the board of the PNS, and chair of the international committee of the PNS.
- Member of the board of the Inflammatory Neuropathy Consortium.
- Founder of the Italian Association of the Peripheral Nervous System (ASNP),of which she is member as well as secretary/treasurer.
- Founder and member of the International Society of Peripheral Neurophysiological Imaging,
Fields of activity/research
- Diseases of the peripheral nervous system,with particular attention at the immune-mediated neuropathies, chemotherapy-induced neuropathies, neuropathies in hematological, oncological diseases.
- The Neuropathy Center of Padua, which she runs, is recognized as part of the European Reference network (ERN). Publications
Publications and editorial activities
- Author of 198 original, peer reviewed articles, and 17 chapters.
- Referee of several International Journals.
- Associate Editor di BMC Neurology.
- Editorial Advisory Board of the Journal of the Peripheral Nervous System.